Quality of Service (QoS) has long been the focus of communications and networking researchers worldwide. While traditional QoS research areas continue attracting much interest, recent exploration of Internet of things, data centers, virtualization, cloud and fog computing, green computing, and AI has motivated a new wave of research interest in service guarantees with QoS, and its related metrics of Quality of Experience (QoE), Quality of Protection (QoP), Software Quality, Data Quality, or, more broadly, Quality of Information Technology.
For more than two decades, IWQoS has established itself as a highly reputable forum to present novel ideas on all QoS-related subjects. The 30th International Symposium on Quality of Service (IEEE/ACM IWQoS 2022) sets the goal to continuing to be a premier symposium and an international forum for presentation and discussion of cutting-edge research in the field. The scope of IEEE/ACM IWQoS 2022 covers both newest theoretical and experimental research papers.
Topics of interest include (but not limited to) the following areas:
- Artificial Intelligence for QoS
- Data analytics for QoS
- QoS for data analytics and machine learning
- QoS in Internet of Things (IoT), cyber-physical networks
- QoS in cloud computing, fog computing and edge computing
- Blockchain for QoS
- Security, privacy, system dependability, resilience and robustness
- QoS in software-defined networking
- QoS in information-centric networking
- QoS in mobile and next generation cellular networks
- System dependability, availability, resilience and robustness to faults and security attacks
- Robustness against security vulnerabilities in critical infrastructures
- QoS-aware scheduling, resource management, queue management, admission control
- Traffic engineering approaches and tools for QoS provisioning and evaluation
- QoS evaluation metrics and methodologies
- Quality of software
- QoE in multimedia networks
- Measurement, evaluation, adaptation, and verification
- Network operations, network economics, pricing and billing
- Architectures and protocols for QoS, QoP or QoE support
- Energy awareness in communication and computing systems
- Design for future networks and computing systems with integrated QoS
Regular Paper Submission Guidelines
IEEE/ACM IWQoS 2022 invites submission of manuscripts with original research results that have not been previously published or posted on public websites or that are not currently under review by another conference or journal. Submissions will be rigorously judged based on originality, significance, interest, clarity, relevance, and correctness. IWQoS aims at the rapid dissemination of research results.
Authors are invited to submit extended abstracts no longer than 10 single-spaced, double-column pages with font-size of 10 point using the standard IEEE template for LaTeX or Microsoft Word format found here. Reviewing will be double-blind. Submissions must not reveal the authors’ names and their affiliations and avoid obvious self-references. Submissions not meeting these guidelines will be rejected without consideration of their merits. Papers must be submitted electronically as PDF files. Papers must be submitted electronically as PDF files, via EDAS.
The IWQoS2021 organizing committee (OC) is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation that could impact in-person attendance and paper presentations. In case of travel restrictions, the OC is considering that remote presentations and participation will be considered.